The Hank Aaron Childhood Home and Museum is the original Aaron family home built by Hank’s Dad, Herbert, in 1942. It includes the 1962 and 1972 additions to the home, which bring it to its current size. Mr. Aaron’s mother Estella lived in the home from 1942 to 2007.
In 2008, the Aaron family home was moved from its original location to Hank Aaron Stadium. In 22 months it was restored to its original glory, with the Grand Opening being held on April 14th, 2010. Seven MLB Hall of Famers and the Commissioner of MLB Bud Selig were in attendance. In the nine years that the museum has been open, over 20,000 at-risk children have been provided complimentary tours and bus transportation.
In 2013, the Hank Aaron Childhood Home and Museum was voted the 8th Best Baseball Museum in the Country – that directly speaks to the Legacy of Hank Aaron.